RHPL Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
RHPL's COVID-19 safety plan has may be viewed by clicking on the COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan on the menu at right.
Placing a hold:
- Request materials ahead of time online or by phone.
- Use your library card to log into your account and place holds on books, DVDs, and other available items.
- To place holds over the phone, call 248-656-2900.
- For more about placing holds, view our video tutorial.
Wait for an email or text notifying you that your holds are ready:
- Please wait for the email or text notification before you visit the library to pick up your held items. They may not be available if you visit before you receive the notification.
- Holds will either be available at the drive-thru window or shelved in the library lobby near the library's Circulation Desk. Check out items using the self-serve checkout kiosks throughout the library. You can choose your holds location online or call 248-656-2900 to have holds moved to another location (Main Library or drive-up).
- Visit your online account at rhpl.org to check the status of your holds and pick-up location.
Picking up held items or checking out materials:
- Patrons are encouraged to use the self-serve checkout kiosks throughout the library.
- Patrons may also check out materials at the circulation desk on the first floor.
- Innovative Items may be checked out at the Tech Services Desk on the second floor. Reservations for items are required prior to pick up.
Returning library materials:
- Return RHPL items at the drive-thru window, the automated return (24/7) next to the drive-thru window, or by using the return slots located in the lobby.
- RHPL's fines threshold has been extended to $15. At $15 in fines, patrons may not check out materials until fines are paid.
Know before you go:
- Review RHPL's Code of Conduct policy on Customer Service.
- If Oakland County's community level of coronavirus moves to high, according to the CDC county monitoring site, the CDC recommends the following:
- Masks are not required to enter the library, but RHPL encourages all patrons to wear a mask while inside the Bookmobile.
- Masks are available to patrons in the lobby of the main library and on the Bookmobile.
- Laptops bundled with WiFi hotspots can be reserved online or by phone. Items are limited.
- Online printing services are available to patrons who are residents of Rochester, Rochester Hills, or Oakland Twp. Print virtually any document or web page from your Internet-connected PC to one of our library printers. Visit www.rhpl.org/print to learn more.