RHPL Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Rochester Hills Public Library is in Phase Three: Grab & Go Service. A COVID-19 safety plan has been in place at the library since March 2020. The plan allows the library to move through reopening phases depending on local virus cases and statistics.
- Library hours remain the same.
- Patrons experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms may not enter the library.
- Occupancy is limited and patrons are encouraged to keep their visits to the library to under 60 minutes.
- Beginning May 20, 2021, face masks are welcomed but required for those who are unvaccinated, between the ages of 2 and 11, or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. For more on this policy, visit our Code of Conduct policy on Customer Service.
- Returned library items will be set aside for 24 hours before recirculating to the public. If you wish to have your materials set aside for a longer period, you may use our holds shelf where items are held up to five days for patron pick up. Scroll down the page for more about how to place holds.
- Access to computers is available for limited times. See the FAQ link at right.
- All study and meeting rooms are closed.
- The computer lab is closed, The Eureka Lab is open by appointment only.
- Toys, puzzles, and puppets are not available.
- Water fountains and vending machines are turned off until further notice.
- High-touch surfaces are routinely cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
Recently, the library installed touchless faucets in all public restrooms and hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the library. Patrons are encouraged to use the self-serve checkout stations and to continue using the library’s many online resources, as well as its drive-thru window and automated return box.
Placing a hold:
- Request materials ahead of time online or by phone.
- Use your library card to log into your account and place holds on books, DVDs, and other available items.
- To place holds over the phone, call 248-656-2900.
- For more about placing holds, view our video tutorial.
Wait for an email or text notifying you that your holds are ready:
- Please wait for the email or text notification before you visit the library to pick up your held items. They may not be available if you visit before you receive the notification.
- Holds will either be available at the drive-thru window or will be shelved in the library lobby near the Circulation Desk of the library. Check out items using the self-serve checkout kiosks throughout the library. You can choose your holds location online or call 248-656-2900 to have holds moved to another location (Main Library or drive-up).
- Visit your online account at rhpl.org to check the status of your holds and pick-up location.
Picking up held items or checking out materials:
- Use the self-serve checkout kiosks throughout the library.
Returning library materials:
- Return RHPL items at the drive-thru window, the automated return (24/7) next to the drive-thru window, or by using the return slots located in the lobby.
- Returned items will be set aside for 24 hours before being recirculated to the public.
- Due dates and fines are active. RHPL's fines threshold has been extended to $15. At $15 in fines, patrons may not check out materials until fines are paid.
Know before you go:
Beginning May 20, 2021, face masks are welcomed but required for those who are unvaccinated, between the ages of 2 and 11, or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. For more on this policy, visit our Code of Conduct policy on Customer Service.
Patrons are encouraged to limit their library visits to under one hour.
- Library WiFi is extended into the south parking lot for use in your car.
- Laptops bundled with WiFi hotspots can be reserved online or by phone. Items are limited.
- Online printing services are available to patrons who are residents of Rochester, Rochester Hills, or Oakland Twp. Print virtually any document or web page from your Internet-connected PC to one of our library printers. Visit www.rhpl.org/print to learn more.