RHPL Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Beginning November 16, 2020, RHPL is in Phase Four of Its Reopening Plan
The reopening plan is in place to allow the library to respond, as needed, to COVID-19. Due to recent data from Oakland County Health Division (OCHD) and Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) regarding rising cases of COVID-19 in Oakland County and across Michigan, the library will revert to Phase Four of its reopening plan beginning Monday, Nov. 16.The health and safety of library visitors, staff, and volunteers is our priority. Thank you for your continued support in helping us stay safe to stay open.
In Phase Four:
- Library hours remain the same;
- Building access is limited to Express Pickup & Return either in the library lobby or drive-thru window;
- Held items are available at the drive-thru window or in the lobby of the library. You can choose your pick-up location when you place the items on hold.
- Librarians are available to answer questions by phone or email;
- The community Bookmobile is off the road.
- Patrons are not permitted to enter the library building beyond the entrance/lobby.
- Public restrooms are closed (we apologize for the inconvenience).
Placing a hold:
- Request materials ahead of time online or by phone.
- Use your library card to log into your account and place holds on books, dvds, and other items.
- To place holds over the phone, call (248) 656-2900.
Wait for an email or text notifying you that your holds are ready:
- Please wait for the email or text notification before you visit the library to pick up your held items. They may not be available if you visit before you receive the notification.
- It can take several days for held items to be available and ready for pick up.
- Holds will either be available at the drive-thru window or will be shelved in the lobby of the library. You may enter through the south or west entrances of the library to access the lobby. A self-checkout station will be available in the lobby.
- Visit your online account at rhpl.org to check your holds status and pick up location.
Pick up your held items:
- Remember to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth when entering the library lobby.
- Find your materials. They will be organized by your last name on the shelves in the libray lobby or at the drive-thru window.
- Unclaimed items will be removed from the shelves. You will not be held responsible for them at any point.
- Use the self-checkout station if picking up holds in the library lobby.
Returning library materials:
- You can return RHPL items at the drive-thru window, at our automated return (24/7) next to the drive-thru window, or by using the return slots located in the lobby.
- Returned items will be placed in quarantine for 96 hours (4 days) before being recirculated.
- Due dates and fines are active. Our fines threshold has been extended to $15. At $15 in fines, patrons may not checkout materials until the fine is paid.
Know before you go:
- Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required when in the library building.
- If you do not have a face mask, RHPL will provide one for you. Masks were recently provided by a generous donation from Ford Motor Company.
- Maintain proper distance when in the building entrances and lobby.
- Library WiFi will be extended into the south and west parking lots for use in your car.
- Laptops bundled with WiFi hotspots can be reserved online or by phone. Items are limited.
- Online printing services are available to patrons who are residents of Rochester, Rochester Hills, or Oakland Twp. Patrons may print up to $30 per day per library card for free. Print requests beyond $30 will be charged to the patron. Printing fees are: $.10 per black/white page and $.50 per color page. Print virtually any document or web page from your Internet connected PC to one of our library printers. Visit www.rhpl.org/print to learn more.