Exam proctoring is not currently being offered. We will resume proctoring after safety measures for COVID-19 have been made. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
RHPL Outreach & Bookmobile Services Proctoring Policy
- The library’s Outreach & Bookmobile Services Department will proctor written and on-line exams for distance learners who live or work in Rochester, Rochester Hills or Oakland Township.
- Students are asked to register each semester with the Outreach Services Department prior to having exams mailed to the library. Students may register on the phone, on-line or in person. Appointments to take an exam will be scheduled after the testing material has been received in the mail. To register on-line click here.
- Students are required to hold a valid Rochester Hills Public Library card when registering. If a student does not have an active card, he or she can get one at the Circulation Desk any time between registering for the exam and taking it.
- If students move during a term or semester and are no longer eligible for a Rochester Hills Public Library card, the Outreach & Bookmobile Services Department will proctor exams only until the end of that term or semester.
- Students are asked to make an appointment at least a week in advance of the desired exam proctoring date.
- Exams are taken at the table in the public area of the Outreach & Bookmobile Services Department. If it is an on-line exam and the student does not have a laptop computer, he or she may borrow one from the Circulation Department. The proctoring librarian will answer telephones and assist library customers during the proctoring appointment.
- The Outreach Services Department is not able to promise the same proctor for every exam.
- The library does not charge for proctoring but if the distance learning institution requires that we mail the exams, then postage paid return envelopes must be included or the student must supply stamps for mailing.
- Generally, completed exams are mailed, emailed or faxed the following day.