The Multipurpose Room accommodates up to 150 people and is available to local non-profit groups and residents/property owners with a valid RHPL resident card in good standing. Meetings must be for civic, cultural, or educational purposes. The Multipurpose Room Policy and application is available for your review. If you have any questions - or would like to reserve a room, call 248-650-7130.
PLEASE ALLOW ONE BUSINESS DAY FOR CONFIRMATION OF YOUR RESERVATION. Do not use the form button below for same day bookings. If you need a study room today, please call the Adult Services department at 248-650-7130.
- Specific study rooms are not guaranteed. Upon arrival at the library, you will be assigned a room appropriate for your group size.
- Sign in at the Adult Reference Desk upon arrival. You will need to leave a library card or ID in exchange for the room key.
- The person who signs in is responsible for the condition of the room and the conduct of the people. It is expected that the room will be used for study. For-profit use of the room is not permitted.
- Rooms left unattended for more than 15 minutes will be assumed to be vacated and any remaining personal belongings will be moved to the Adult Reference or Computer Help desks.
- Please limit food to covered drinks and finger foods.
- If you leave the library, please return the key. The key must remain in the library.
- You are guaranteed use of the room for two hours per day. You may stay longer if nobody is waiting for a room. Library staff will inform you when your time in the room is ending.
- Groups are allowed one room reservation per calendar day. Multiple reservations for the same group under different names will not be approved.
- Do not exceed the listed capacity of the room.
The conference room may be used for study or meetings by non-profit groups and/or volunteers. This room is located on the second floor of the library and must be signed out at the reference desk. No equipment is provided with the room.
This room accommodates up to 20 person(s). Reservations may be made up to one month in advance by a person who lives or works in Rochester, Rochester Hills, or Oakland Township and has a valid library card. We will accept one reservation per month per group/person, for up to four hours long. Meetings must be for volunteer or not-for-profit use and may not be advertised to the public. Walk-ins are welcome to use the room, if available, and time is limited to 2 hours if someone is waiting to use the room. Call 248-650-7130 for reservations.