Volunteers are crucial to the success of the library. Volunteer workers contributed innumerable hours of their time and effort in several capacities at RHPL and its minibranches.
The following is a list of departments within the Library that accept volunteers:
- Circulation Department: accepts applications for general volunteer work or to satisfy specific obligations such as – Court Ordered, School Honors Program (9-12 grade), or other Service Organization Requirements.
- Youth Department: accepts applications for volunteers ages 12-13.
- Teen Department accepts applications for teens 7-12 grade who are volunteering for a community project.
- Outreach Department: accepts applications for those who would like to volunteer in one of our mini-branch locations.
- Friends of the Library: accepts applications for those who would like to volunteer either in the Friends Store and/or at one of the Used Book Sales.
The Rochester Hills Public Library accepts applications to satisfy specific court ordered obligations.
Community service applicants must be residents of the library’s legal service area, either Rochester, Rochester Hills, or Oakland Township.
- Must be at least 12 years-old at the time of applying
- are not guaranteed a spot immediately upon applying
- are responsible for providing the library with accurate contact information
- are used as needed by the library
- may be asked to participate in a volunteer orientation program
- Please read our volunteer policy for all requirements
How to Apply
- To volunteer in either the Circulation, Youth or Outreach Department please fill out the following:
- For the Teen Department
- Email – [email protected] with the following subject line “Teen Volunteer”
- Friends of the Library
- Call 248-650-7179
- Friends Volunteer Opportunities for a list of positions
If you have any questions please contact the Community Service and Volunteer Coordinator at 248-650-7163 and leave a detailed message. Please make sure to indicate where you are interested in volunteering so the coordinator can distribute applications accordingly.