Paying for Fines & Fees
Renew items online through My Account. Many items are automatically renewed if there are no holds on them. Please check your account. To renew an item over the phone or for questions about renewing items, call RHPL’s Circulation Services at 248-650-7174.
Items kept past their due date will be charged an overdue fine according to RHPL’s policies. Fines can be paid online through My Account or at the Circulation Desk on the first floor. To pay online, use a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners, and JCB) and follow these instructions:
- Login to My Account and click “Fines & Fees” to view any assessed fees. Select “Pay Fines Now.”
- Tap/click the checkbox at the beginning of the row for the fines you wish to pay.
- Tap/click on the “Pay Fines Now” button.
For small library fines, you can pay without waiting in line at RHPL. Use the Quick Pay envelopes available at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
- Fill out the envelope complete with the library card number of the fined account.
- Insert cash or check and return the envelope to a Circulation staff member at the Circulation Desk.